Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tidbits

If I would have told you around the dinner table on Thanksgiving Day 2010 that these 5 universities would have new football coaches on Thanksgiving Day 2011, would you have believed me? The universities are Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, West Virginia, and Pitt and most likely you would probably have laughed at me in dis-belief. If I also would have told you last Thanksgiving 2010 that the Indianapolis Colts would be 0 and 10 and the San Francisco 49ers would be 9 and 1 during Thanksgiving week of 2011, would you have believed me? If I also would have explained to you on Turkey Day 2010 that the U. of Pittsburgh and Syracuse University would join the A.C.C. and West Virginia University would be joining the Big 12, would you have believed me?..........A new trend may be starting:coaches coming out of the booth to get back into the coaching circles. After a 10 year hiatus, Coach Bob Davie(Moon Township native and former Notre Dame Head Coach)accepts the U. of New Mexico position and with a short lived position at CBS Sports, Coach Rich Rodriquez takes the U. of Arizona position. Skeptics think RichRod should have never left West Virginia for U of Michigan but let's see what RichRod can do with the Arizona Wildcats in the Pac 10. Who is going to be next to come out of the booth?

No comments:

Post a Comment